Are you passionate and have experience helping people with Autism achieve their goals? Then joining the Autism Personal Coach team and becoming an Autism Coach may be the perfect fit for you. So often teens and adult with Autism struggle with anxiety and as a result don’t have success in their lives. Autism Personal Coach is a unique service in that we help individuals with Autism by working on meaningful, individualized goals in the setting in which they will be used which greatly reduces their anxiety and allows them to become more independent and successful.
Our Core Values
- Action-oriented. Our coaches talk with our clients to figure out how we can help them achieve their goals. Then we develop a plan. Most importantly we take action towards that plan.
- Consistency. Our clients need a coach who will be there when they say they will be and do what they say they will do.
- Creativity. Each one of our clients is a unique awesome person who has different goals they want to achieve. That is why our coaches need to be able to be creative in determining the best way to help our clients find success.
- Openness. Studies show that people with Autism from the LGBT community and those of color are less likely to get the support they need. Autism Personal Coach wants to help change that.
- Patience. It can take time to develop a trust and connection with your clients in order to help them achieve their goals. It is essential that our coaches show patience in this process.
Key outcomes for an Autism Coach in the first year
- Coaches will provide a safe and supportive environment for your clients so they will feel comfortable about pursuing their goals.
- Work with your clients to determine goals and agreed upon process of how you will achieve them.
- Every other Friday coaches will submit their session notes and hours worked with their clients
- Make a difference in people’s lives
- Flexible schedules that offer great work/life balance
- Unlimited vacation
- Learn from people with Autism how you can best support them
Responsibilities as an Autism Coach
- Coaches will provide a safe, confidential environment for clients to discuss their current issues, passions, struggles, and opportunities.
- Coaches will encourage clients to identify their core values,set goals that they truly want and to take action to achieve these goals.
- Coaches will take data to make sure that current goals are realistic and can be achieved.
- Communicate effectively with clients and families the progress that is currently being made and what needs to be done to make further progress.
- Bachelors or masters degree in one of the following: counseling, occupational therapy, psychology speech language pathology, social work, or special education
- A minimum of two years experience working with people with Autism
- Must have a current background check and a valid drivers license
If you would like to apply for the position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.